An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Production Operative Apprentice to join Intastop Ltd.
Intastop is a busy, dynamic expanding family run business with a turnover at present of £3 million and looking for growth.
We are looking for a high calibre, forward-thinking energetic person with a “can-do” attitude. We want people who thrive in a challenging work environment, who are receptive to change and who whole heartedly embrace the opportunity to take responsibility for themselves and the company’s ongoing success.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Production Operative is a two year programme consisting of the following training:
- Studying for Level 2 in Performing Engineering Operations.
- Continuous self development through our training procedures for career progression.
- Progression to Level 3 in Performing Engineering Operations.
- Shadowing and mentoring programme with nominated senior member of the team.
- “On the job” workshop training programme under the supervision of a nominated senior member of the team.
- Health & Safety Training
- Forklift Truck training
- To gain the skills necessary to effective and efficiently manufacture products to customer specifications using specialist machinery such as Postforming machine, CNC machine, Milling machine, Pillar drills, Panel Saw, Cross Cut saws and Wood working machinery.
- Manual handling of materials in good inwards and outwards within the Production facility.
- To successfully complete the Apprenticeship to become a Production Operative.
- To present a professional image at all times.
- To carry out all work practices in line with company health and safety policy.
- To contribute to overall success through teamwork and good communication within the company.
- To carry out any other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the Apprenticeship and job role.
- To communicate efficiently and express your ideas clearly and confidently at all levels verbally, in print and via the telephone.
- Teamwork, ability to work confidently within a group and on own initiative.
- Time management, ability to manage time effectively , prioritising tasks and working to deadlines.
- Drive and determination to get things done, make things happen and continually looking for better ways of getting doing things.
- Analysing and investigating, ability to gather information systematically to establish facts and principles for problem solving.
- Commercial awareness, ability to understand the commercial realities affecting the organisation.
- Flexibility, ability to adapt successfully to changing situations and environments.
- Initiative and self-motivation, ability to act on initiative, identify opportunities and be proactive in putting forward ideas & solutions.
- Capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Quality focused.
- Honest, reliable, trustworthy, good time keeper.
- Ability to be professional, cheerful, co-operative at all times.
- Ability to be motivated and customer focused.
- Fork lift truck driving licence (training will be provided)
- Drive and commitment to learn, be ambitious and ready to succeed
- Must have a genuine interest in engineering.
- Be well motivated and proactive
- Have an ability to learn through observation.
- Can do attitude
- Team work
- Paid employment whilst undertaking training.
- Paid training and qualification.
- 22 days paid holiday + bank holidays + 1 day for every 5 years completed service.
- Opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications, valuable knowledge and practical experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Attractive rates of pay.
- Pension scheme.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- Death in service company life assurance.
- In addition we have invested in an excellent induction programme, and staff training (we currently hold a Silver Investors In People award).
Please note this job will involve manual handling. Applicants must be 18+ due to the varies types of machinery involved.
Email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.