We are looking for a Full time Product Development Engineer to work in our busy, expanding family run business based near Doncaster.
The candidate must be degree qualified or equivalent in a mechanical engineering discipline, have a good working understanding of CAD software (ideally Solidworks) and product development with a strong technical understanding of production/manufacturing. Any level of experience of CNC programming, 3D printing, basic electronics, woodworking or general hands-on experience with tools would be desirable.
The role will involve being a key member of the product development team, designing, prototyping, testing then launching new products. The development of supporting documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), on-line Quality Checks (QC), fitting instructions and datasheets are also a key part of the role. Providing technical support for both internal staff and external customers is another important part of the role along with occasional site visits to resolve issues with our products.
The role will involve the following duties:
• Assist in product development from concept through to launch.
• To liaise with the Business Development Director or customers on new product development.
• Production of component drawings, costings and supplier specifications.
• Preparation of Bills off Materials (BOM), assembly instructions and drawings.
• Supporting the sales team regarding technical queries.
• Occasional site visits to diagnose problems with products.
In return we offer:
• Competitive salary and holiday package
• Pension scheme
• Health Scheme
• Company bonus scheme
• Employee Benefits Scheme (including discounts on shopping, holidays and days out, access to counselling and an on-demand GP service)
• Death In Service
Please email you CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org